- VOLUNTARY - services are initiated only if the family agrees to participate.
- CONFIDENTIAL - information is released only with the family's consent.
- HOME BASED - direct services are provided in the family home unless otherwise indicated.
- FAMILY ORIENTED - social activities are provided for the family.
- FREE - services are provided to the family at no cost.
- SUPPORTIVE - strengths are identified and built upon in an effort to enhance individual and family functioning.
- RELAXED - the home visitor will establish a comfortable and friendly relationship with the family.
- FLEXIBLE - the family will have one weekly scheduled home visit, but the home visitor is available to her family 24 hours per day, 7 days per week in case of an emergency.
- FUN - most of all we have fun!
The following is a list of a few issues the home visitor can help the family with:
- Building self-esteem
- Literacy Program
- Searching for a preschool
- Parenting skills
- Provide social activities
- Seeking appropriate day care
- Assist in housing/furniture
- Relationship building
- Job search/job skills
- Acknowledge accomplishments
- Awareness of community activities and services
Parent Classes offered include:
- 1234 Parent! parenting children ages 1 to 4
- Teaching parents of young children
- 123 Magic
- Common sense parenting of toddlers and pre-schoolers
- "Parenting With Dignity" by Mac and Barbara Bledsoe
These projects are funded (in part) under an agreement with the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services but any statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the department.